Let's get it started...

With Kelly and I living in Oregon, and our families all residing elsewhere, we figured it would be a good idea to start up a blog and keep our friends and family posted on our goings-on.

A little background...
Kell and I moved to Sandy, Oregon in 2007 after looking at places on Craigslist. We came up for a weekend, bought a house, and moved up a couple of months later. Kell moved up first, as I had a teaching contract to finish out at UCSD. By March, we were both up here and found jobs. I've been working as a technical editor/Jill of all trades for a tech pubs company that publishes airplane and boat manuals. Kell is working for a rubber stamp company in Gresham, doing web design and marketing. We also do freelance web design, editing, and writing through our company Alphabetix.
We got married in September of 2008. It was a wonderful wedding, outdoors in Salem. Our friend Julia got ordained just for the event and it was so personal and great. My sister Anne did the flowers, which were perfection. It was intimate and low key, which is precisely what we wanted.
Now, Kell and I are expecting. We were very fortuante and didn't have any trouble getting pregnant. We're at 20 weeks and the baby is due July 9th.
We will be posting ultrasound and belly pictures soon.
Kell and I both have facebook accounts, so you can find us there too.
Hugs to all,
Laura
0 Responses