Head's Up 7-Up

Remember how much fun that game was as a kid on rainy days when you couldn't go out for recess? Well, the Head's Up I'm talking about isn't as fun. That's right, our Hannah girl is bottom down, legs and head up breech (Frank Breech - think that means I can blame my dad?). We had an ultrasound on Wednesday to make sure she was assuming the position. Her head is below my right ribs and her legs are below my left ribs. That explains the abundance of heartburn. I've only really felt a lot of movement down low all along, so it makes me wonder, does our girl have really bad gas? Or is she like momma and likes to shake a tail feather?
Our midwife suggested a number of things that we could do to get her to flip including accupuncture, laying with my head down inversion-style, and classical music played very low at the top of my pubic bone. Most places I've seen say only 3-4% of babies are breech, so I'm thinking, she's going to pull through for us. Meanwhile, I'll be the girl who's laying on an inversion table with headphones on my lower belly.
It's times like this that I really wish my sisters and mom lived in the same place I did. I could totally go for some belly kisses and first-time mommy advice. If any of you have any pointers for getting my family to move to Oregon, do please share. Thus far, my attempts have been futile.
1 Response
  1. Amy Friend Says:

    Thanks for entering my giveaway. I would be delighted if the baby came a little early...like now!!
    Anyway, I followed you to your blog and wanted to let you know that my baby girl was breech from about 32-36 weeks. I think what worked was lying on the ironing board which was propped on the couch, with music playing down by my crotch, as your midwife suggested. To add to that, I also held an ice pack at my upper stomach and had my husband slowly guide a flashlight from the top to the bottom of my stomach. I tried all the tricks that I read about in one fell swoop! Anyway, I only did that for 2 nights and she flipped. Hopefully, she is still head down!! My second child flipped from head down to breech at 42 weeks, the day before she was induced. So, there is always time for them to flip...either the right way or the wrong! That time I had a version. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had read about and it helped me avoid a csection. My daughter was 8 lbs 10 ounces and I am only 5 feet tall. So, all things are possible! Good luck!