Birthing Class
Last weekend, Kell and I attended an Intensive Child Birthing class at Mt Hood Legacy, which is where we'll be having the baby. The class was great. Our instructors were a lot of fun, and one reminded me a lot of my mom. She had a lot of practical advice and didn't pressure us on what's the "right" way to do things.
They had one of the dads put on a sympathy suit. The best part was that they added a weight to his bladder and a restricting band around his chest (so he couldn't breathe) and then put the belly and breasts on. Just seeing him try to put on his shoes was enough so that every man in the class didn't need to wear it. I never feel the need for Kell to have to experience exactly what I'm feeling, but it was funny to watch another man go through it. Kell has been sympathetic all along. He has even totally had sympathy symptoms like heartburn.
We got a lot of good info about breathing and relaxation techniques and a lot of good positions that are alternatives to laying in bed. Our birthing center has jacuzzi tubs for labor (not birth) and birthing balls and squat bars. They're really good about letting you do what you need to to be happy. Plus, the rooms are pretty darn nice. Walking through the halls, I got really anxious for our girl to come.
Next weekend, we have baby care class. That should be lots of fun too.
I go in this Wednesday to find out if our girl has flipped. I'll keep you all updated on that.
They had one of the dads put on a sympathy suit. The best part was that they added a weight to his bladder and a restricting band around his chest (so he couldn't breathe) and then put the belly and breasts on. Just seeing him try to put on his shoes was enough so that every man in the class didn't need to wear it. I never feel the need for Kell to have to experience exactly what I'm feeling, but it was funny to watch another man go through it. Kell has been sympathetic all along. He has even totally had sympathy symptoms like heartburn.
We got a lot of good info about breathing and relaxation techniques and a lot of good positions that are alternatives to laying in bed. Our birthing center has jacuzzi tubs for labor (not birth) and birthing balls and squat bars. They're really good about letting you do what you need to to be happy. Plus, the rooms are pretty darn nice. Walking through the halls, I got really anxious for our girl to come.
Next weekend, we have baby care class. That should be lots of fun too.
I go in this Wednesday to find out if our girl has flipped. I'll keep you all updated on that.

Hi! I tracked you back from my blog. Thanks for taking the time to look around. Good luck on the birth of your sweet baby. I am so excited for you!