A Room of One's Own
Well, since mommy and daddy never posted the final pictures of my nursery, I figure I better just handle things. So, here's where I lay my head...
Momma sewed the crib skirt and curtains because she's too picky to just buy something. She even appliqued bugs and flowers on the curtains to match my "spring meadows" theme. Daddy made the birdhouse lights. They're great for nighttime feedings, so it's not too bright. Daddy also re-purposed the changing table/dresser from the dresser that was his as a child. Good job, daddy. The crib, bed frame, and glider (momma recovered it) were all Craig's List finds. The beautiful art work on the wall was done by my ever so talented Aunt Jenn.
Daddy also made the bookcase with all my great books in it. The butterfly cluster on the ceiling were decorations at momma's baby shower and daddy put them up for me. And of course, daddy redid the pine floors because momma and daddy hated the carpet.
I think I'm pretty much the luckiest girl in the whole world. I love my room!
~Hannah
Momma sewed the crib skirt and curtains because she's too picky to just buy something. She even appliqued bugs and flowers on the curtains to match my "spring meadows" theme. Daddy made the birdhouse lights. They're great for nighttime feedings, so it's not too bright. Daddy also re-purposed the changing table/dresser from the dresser that was his as a child. Good job, daddy. The crib, bed frame, and glider (momma recovered it) were all Craig's List finds. The beautiful art work on the wall was done by my ever so talented Aunt Jenn.
Daddy also made the bookcase with all my great books in it. The butterfly cluster on the ceiling were decorations at momma's baby shower and daddy put them up for me. And of course, daddy redid the pine floors because momma and daddy hated the carpet.
I think I'm pretty much the luckiest girl in the whole world. I love my room!
~Hannah

What a beautiful, calming space. Any little girl would be lucky to lay her head in such a room :)
I like that it's a theme without being too matchy-matchy, themey. Such a nice blend of good stuff!
Thanks for the post, Hannah! Mommy and Daddy put a lot of love into making this nice room for their little girl.
How AWESOME is craigslist???
I'm a craigs stalker man.. a CRAIGS stalker.
I need a .. craigs alert system.
Hmmm.. I bet if I invented it.. I'd be rich.
But then I wouldn't need craigs.
Defeats my purpose huh?
Anyhoo.. SWEET NURSERY. We have an Aunt Jenny too.. we call her Nen. short for Nenny. She paints as well!
I also enjoy arranged marriages in theory. I've got my eye on a couple of young dudes ...
lol
d