Slow Readers...
I know, I know, I haven't posted in a very long time. You see, we went out of town for two weeks at Christmas, and then actually had to get back to the grindstone once we were back. I'll work on getting pics from the trip up soon.
This post is more about a little something I'm thinking about doing. It's called Slow Readers Book Club. Now, I'm not a slow reader (thanks mom for those speed reading classes I took in jr. high, they seriously worked), but this is more about not having lots of time to read. Oh, I so feel that one. Anyway, it's the brainchild of our.city.lights. I sort of like the idea that I could read and discuss a book online (no need to feel the pressure to host the book club yourself and spend hours making hors d'ouvres). I found out about it from one of the mommy blogs I like to read, For What it's Worth. How I originally found her blog, I will never know. I tend to follow a long spiral of mommy blogs so that I end up reading about lots of other moms.
This post is more about a little something I'm thinking about doing. It's called Slow Readers Book Club. Now, I'm not a slow reader (thanks mom for those speed reading classes I took in jr. high, they seriously worked), but this is more about not having lots of time to read. Oh, I so feel that one. Anyway, it's the brainchild of our.city.lights. I sort of like the idea that I could read and discuss a book online (no need to feel the pressure to host the book club yourself and spend hours making hors d'ouvres). I found out about it from one of the mommy blogs I like to read, For What it's Worth. How I originally found her blog, I will never know. I tend to follow a long spiral of mommy blogs so that I end up reading about lots of other moms.
The first book is Jeanette Walls's Half Broke Horses. I read The Glass Castle and I think I liked it (or at least, I don't remember not liking it), so this might not be too bad of a choice for me. Still thinking on it though. Any thoughts? BroadBrains, do you want to join in?


Post a Comment