8 Weeks, but not 2 Months

Today our girl is 8 weeks old. She is really strong and smart (don’t all parents say that?). Here’s what she’s up to these days:
  • She sits up against her Boppy.
  • She loves to have us sing to her. Kell and I make up all kinds of crazy songs for her, often involving lyrics like “Bella Girl loves Hannah Beth” and “Mommy wears her glasses at night” and “Daddy loves to kiss the baby” and "I'm a duck, quack, quack." You know, whatever seems pertinent at the time.
  • Two nights ago, she went down at 10:30 and slept until 4:00. Wow! But, then last night, she was back to every 3 hours. You win some; you lose some.
  • She can hold her rattle and shakes it, but it’s completely unintentional.
  • She loves mirrors. When I change her in the bathroom, she turns her head to watch me in the mirror.
  • She will copy what you do. If I stick out my tongue, she tries to stick hers out (and she’s pretty successful).
  • Kelly swears she says things like, "Momma," "no," and "Hannah." I don't have the heart to tell him that's just how babies cry.
  • She recognizes Kelly and me and smiles in response to us. This has to be the coolest thing ever. Melts my heart every time.

Yesterday, Hannah went for her first hike. We went up to Wildwood to hike along the Salmon River. It was lovely. The trail was really well maintained and there is even an underwater viewing area ala Sea World. Hannah slept the whole time in the sling (thank you, Aunt Jackie!). Bella had a blast splashing in the river. It was so much fun.

Speaking of birthdays (What?!? We weren't speaking of birthdays? Oh well!)... my 30th was yesterday, hence the day off for Kelly and the hiking. It started with breakfast -- chocolate chip pancakes and bacon -- then the hike, then Kell made dinner (meatloaf, at my request -- he makes the best meatloaf). We even watched Pride & Prejudice, which I've seen at least a million times and still love. Jane Austen rocks. And, Kell got me a gym membership and an offer to watch the girl for a couple of hours so I can hit the gym. That is so awesome. It was the best birthday ever.

6 Responses
  1. Happy day for you! Belated! I am beyond sad that you just wrote me out of your family. Thank you for stopping by again!

    I CANNOT beleive that you are related to a random reference in one of my blogs. NO WAY. Only me.

    Airplane manuals??

    JACKPOT.! Feel free to use my guidelines as a springboard for some new material on those death pamphlets. :)


  2. grandma j Says:

    She is a living doll and I love to read her updates!

    By the way, Sonia says she intends to read "Pride and Prejudice....and Zombies" as soon as it comes out. Seriously!


  3. It's out and I so want to read it too!


  4. MommyBrain Says:

    First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I celebrate Birthday Week, but hey, that's just me :)

    You really should've invited me for breakfast CC pancakes is an all time fav and bacon is my current pregnancy craving ... actually, it's a good thing you didn't invite me because my appetite is rather large these days :)

    Best of last ... Hannah is so beautiful! That expression is absolutely priceless! Seeing her at just 8 weeks old (compared to my two year old monster) makes me so, so excited to experience this all over again :)


  5. MommyBrain Says:

    P.S. I am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for my next book club ... we'll have to blog chat about it :)


  6. MommyBrain Says:

    Hey, are you hooking up with my friend SupahMommy? How cool is that! :)