Meme... Because Supah and Da Brains Made Me Do It...
OK, they didn't MAKE me do it, but I've always wanted to be a cool kid, and I feel like this is my one chance.
In case you don't know what the hey diddle diddle I'm talking about, head over to Supah's blog and see what it's all about.
5 Quirks
1. Let's start with a pretty pertinent one: because I am tragically unhip, I had no idea that "meme" was may-may, I thought it was meeeem. I have this issue sometimes because I read a lot, so sometimes I know a word and what it means, but I haven't got the foggiest how to say it. Yeah, didn't learn the Greek and Latin roots. Perhaps that's why I didn't rock the verbal GRE. Bring on the analytical!
2. I'm not a very good speller. This is particularly odd when you know me pretty well, because, well, let's see: a. I was an English undergrad major (and read a lot - see #1) , b. I studied linguistics in graduate school, c. I formerly made a living as a college writing instructor, and d. I currently make a living as an editor and writer. I blame this on my dad who has been known to spell his own daughters' names incorrectly (Sorry dad, it's true). Thank goodness for spell check.
3. I have a deep-seated desire to be musical, and I am in no way musical. I played the cello as a child, but quit before jr. high because I didn't want to be a "band geek." Oh, if only I had known. I have very musical friends. In fact four of them live in the same house (Julia-Rach-Jack-Cody). It's rough.
4. I like all things medical. I like watching having my blood drawn. I get this one from my mother-the-nurse. Family dinners at our house growing up often involved discussions of blood. I used to watch the surgery channel quite a bit. I like hearing what procedures people have done and I ask lots of questions of doctors.
5. I'm not really a fan of clothes or shoes. As soon as I get home, all non-essentials get taken off. I don't want to wear anything "nice" around the house, including jeans. It's usually all about the sweats.
So, Supah, I played along. Ain't you proud?
In case you don't know what the hey diddle diddle I'm talking about, head over to Supah's blog and see what it's all about.
5 Quirks
1. Let's start with a pretty pertinent one: because I am tragically unhip, I had no idea that "meme" was may-may, I thought it was meeeem. I have this issue sometimes because I read a lot, so sometimes I know a word and what it means, but I haven't got the foggiest how to say it. Yeah, didn't learn the Greek and Latin roots. Perhaps that's why I didn't rock the verbal GRE. Bring on the analytical!
2. I'm not a very good speller. This is particularly odd when you know me pretty well, because, well, let's see: a. I was an English undergrad major (and read a lot - see #1) , b. I studied linguistics in graduate school, c. I formerly made a living as a college writing instructor, and d. I currently make a living as an editor and writer. I blame this on my dad who has been known to spell his own daughters' names incorrectly (Sorry dad, it's true). Thank goodness for spell check.
3. I have a deep-seated desire to be musical, and I am in no way musical. I played the cello as a child, but quit before jr. high because I didn't want to be a "band geek." Oh, if only I had known. I have very musical friends. In fact four of them live in the same house (Julia-Rach-Jack-Cody). It's rough.
4. I like all things medical. I like watching having my blood drawn. I get this one from my mother-the-nurse. Family dinners at our house growing up often involved discussions of blood. I used to watch the surgery channel quite a bit. I like hearing what procedures people have done and I ask lots of questions of doctors.
5. I'm not really a fan of clothes or shoes. As soon as I get home, all non-essentials get taken off. I don't want to wear anything "nice" around the house, including jeans. It's usually all about the sweats.
So, Supah, I played along. Ain't you proud?

Well, I can't speak for Supah, but I certainly am proud ... and all excited about your new blog look, too ... way to go! :)
Ugh - number 4 really got to me because it made me think about the needle, and I am totally fine with the whole blood draw / injection thing ... as long as ... I don't see the needle!
Anyhoo ... the meme idea was all mine ... I am not about to let Supah take all the credit from one of my loyal followers! :)
Durn that Mommybrain and her contractions.. up all night and stuff. :) Yes , it was DV's idear and YES MOMMYBRAIN I DID GIVE YOU credit you credit specificer.
Thank you for playing along L! I also love the new blog look and enjoyed learning some goodies about you. It seems we have some total opposites after reading all the Meems. ( yes you are right, I made up MAY MAY.. to go with DINGO so you can take back some credit for yourself... :) Some people are terrified of needles, others like you.. seem to like to shoot up. JK! I am also not a fan of anything other than comfy clothes around the house. I have some REAL get ups... ripped sweatpants... bleached out shirts... You name it. I LOVE my comfies.
I'm so proud!
Come back next week.. DV has a GREAT Meeem ( may may is sooo much more fun to say) for us to do.
would you like to come hang with us again??
All About MEme Monday: Prompt
9/7 Five Fashion MEmestakes, I hope to never make again. It will run Monday and Tuesday because of the holiday.
Get writing! Then come back and link with us on Monday.