Fruit Loop

Today, Kelly and I decided to take Hannah to the other side of the Mountain -- Hood River -- to visit the Fruit Loop. For those of you who aren't in the know, the Fruit Loop is a 35-mile farm loop through Hood River. We only stopped at about 5 farms, but it was fabulously fun.

At the first stop, Draper Girls' Farm, we bought about 10 lbs of peaches. They are Red Globes, which are good for canning because they have a loose stone.  We also bought some crazy red pears, but I can't recall their name. Can't wait to taste those. 

Our next stop was Alice's. For Labor day, they do a BBQ. I had pulled pork and Kelly had chicken. The cider baked beans and pear slaw were grubbin'! 

Then, we stopped at Lavender Valley. It smelled so delicious.  I wanted to roll around in all the lavender.

Our next stop was the White House. There we took some amazing pictures in the Dahlias.  And, they were pet friendly, so Bella got to get out and stretch her legs. 

Our last stop was a hidden secret.  It was a no-name farm, not officially on the Fruit Loop, but we got pears for 25 cents/lb. And, he said in July he has cherries for 95 cents/lb.  Can you believe it? We are so going to visit him again. Now I have a ton of canning to do.

We had such a great time, and when we got home, there was dinner waiting for us in our mud room.  My co-workers at AEC are awesome and are bringing us meals 3 times a week.  How great are the people I work with? I love 'em!
1 Response
  1. That sounds AWESOME! and you're pics prove that it was.. I love the last pic.. with the orange from the flowers and the cloud overhead..

    gorgeous!