Fashion Mistakes...
OK, MommyBrain and SupahMommy, I'm in . I've made some pretty bad errors in fashion judgement. I do not have photographic evidence at this time, but I might investigate and provide it later.
1. Hair -- this is a big category for me.
So, first, yes, I did it too: the poodle perm. I was still in elementary school and my mom let me do it. Let me say, I have two older sisters who greatly influenced my fashion sense, so really I blame them.
Then, there was the crimping iron. Whoever came up with that one should be shot, except perhaps it lead to the straightening iron, which I'm a fan of.
The wave bangs. We all had them. Enough said.
And, then there was high school, when I was known to dye my hair with Koolaid -- fun colors that only lasted a few days, but what a mess in the shower.
2. The grunge period. This involved flannel, overalls, torn jeans, and wearing the same vans as all my male friends. And, of course, I wrote all over them. I blame Seattle and their good music.
3. Pegged jeans. Why oh why could we not just leave our paints alone? Why did I have to fold them over and roll them up? And wear them with a baggy Guess shirt tucked in, and Keds? Issues, people. I had serious issues.
4. Local Motion in neon. I was forever wearing my Local Motion t-shirt with my neon bike shorts. Or, my Body Glove shorts that had a hand print on the rear. OK, I'm from Southern California, so forgive me my surfer roots, but everyone was doing it.
5. Matchy-matchy outfits from Wet Seal and Charlotte Rouse. Remember those Bongo shorts that had matching shirts with the same print? Nice.
All I can say is: Dang, I looked good.
1. Hair -- this is a big category for me.
So, first, yes, I did it too: the poodle perm. I was still in elementary school and my mom let me do it. Let me say, I have two older sisters who greatly influenced my fashion sense, so really I blame them.
Then, there was the crimping iron. Whoever came up with that one should be shot, except perhaps it lead to the straightening iron, which I'm a fan of.
The wave bangs. We all had them. Enough said.
And, then there was high school, when I was known to dye my hair with Koolaid -- fun colors that only lasted a few days, but what a mess in the shower.
2. The grunge period. This involved flannel, overalls, torn jeans, and wearing the same vans as all my male friends. And, of course, I wrote all over them. I blame Seattle and their good music.
3. Pegged jeans. Why oh why could we not just leave our paints alone? Why did I have to fold them over and roll them up? And wear them with a baggy Guess shirt tucked in, and Keds? Issues, people. I had serious issues.
4. Local Motion in neon. I was forever wearing my Local Motion t-shirt with my neon bike shorts. Or, my Body Glove shorts that had a hand print on the rear. OK, I'm from Southern California, so forgive me my surfer roots, but everyone was doing it.
5. Matchy-matchy outfits from Wet Seal and Charlotte Rouse. Remember those Bongo shorts that had matching shirts with the same print? Nice.
All I can say is: Dang, I looked good.


Yep, I had forgotten about the crimping iron. Why did we think that was a good look? Yikes!
KOOOLAID??? I never knew. NO . WAY. I'm still reeling about that .
Ok. Body glove.. I totally got you. We had Vuarnet shirts too!! They were pre- Lance Armstrong coolness... biker logo shirts. They came with these hats.... that I swear I didnt' wear... only the shirts for me!!
The crimping iron line: i almost spit out my wine on my new macbook.. FER SHAME FOR YOUR FUNNY-NESS.
We called my cousin's heathers crimping hot mess.. " french fry hair. "
Thank you for playing along!! Come back and see us next Monday!
d
Ok.. join us again.
9/14
... " come join us for MEme monday again if you have time!!
This Monday's All About MEme: FIVE "breathtaking" white LIES YOU'VE TOLD.
( Ode to Seinfeld)
Ben: What did you say?
Elaine: I said, uh, some snuggly baby.
Ben: He is something.
Elaine: Well, to tell you the truth, Dr. Feffa, I , I was surprised to hear you use a word like breathtaking to describe a baby, I mean, because you also used it referring to me.
Ben: Well, you know Elaine, sometimes you say things just to be nice.
(Elaine relieved, then confused, not knowing if he was being nice to her or to the baby)